"But I don’t even want a boyfriend with rock hard abs and perfect hair, those are just “extra” things that I wouldn’t mind looking at. What I really want is a boyfriend who is passionate about something, anything, so much that he smiles and lights up when he talks about it. Who isn’t afraid to hold my hand in public and introduce me to everyone as “my girlfriend”, who stares at me when I’m not paying attention and smiles because he’s happy that he’s with someone like me. Most of all I want someone who doesn’t see me the way I see myself. I want someone that loves me more than I love myself, is that really too much to ask for?"
"1) Eat better. You have a chalkboard; use it. Make menus. Plan meals.
2) Read at least one chapter of a book for fun each day.
3) Go on a drive once a week. Have no particular destination other than a stop for iced tea. Put on music and see where you end up.
4) Listen to a record straight through without doing anything else. Sometimes music needs your full attention.
5) Doodle. Who cares how shitty of an artist you are? Give it a shot. Create.
6) Go to coffee shops. There’s a million in the city. Get out of the house for a while.
7) Ask a friend to go to dinner. Simply as friends and for no particular reason. Pick up the bill.
8) Allow yourself to fall in love. Let things happen. See where it goes. Take the risk."
I promise to love you:
at 6 am when you’re waking
at 8 am when we say goodbye
at 3 pm when you’re exhausted
at 10 pm when you’re heading to bed,
at 3 am when loneliness and sadness
I will love you when you grow old,
I still check on you.